Preparing for College
As your child prepares for college, are you prepared as a parent to support the journey? Many parents fear the idea of their child going to college because financial resources will not be available. However, with proper planning, there are several resources and planning tools to secure the financial support necessary. Between scholarships, financial aid, grants, etc. your child can go to college, regardless of your financial resources.
Ensure you have put the right processes in place once your child enters high school to ensure no stone is left unturned and the best chance for success is leveraged!
- College Board: www.collegeboard.org
- ACT: www.actstudent.org
- SAT: http://Sat.collegeboard.org/
- Student Aid: http://studentaid.edu.gov/
- Financial Calculators: www.finaid.org/calculators
- Financial Aid Application: www.fafsa.edu.gov
- Helping Your Child Series (1-800-USA-LEARN): none
- College is possible: www.collegeispossible.org
- College View: www.collegeview.com
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities: www.hbcuconnect.com
- Know How to Go: www.knowhow2go.org
- Virtual College Tours: www.campstours.com
- College Net: www.collegenet.com